Need help adding CloudShout to WordPress? Hopefully this will help. Please keep in mind that you must be able to edit the HTML of your WordPress install
Get the Code:
- Log into Cloudshout
- Click on the “EDIT” icon next to your blog (If you have not added your blog yet, you can do so now)
- Click on the “ITK Code” tab
- Copy the two snippets of code in steps one and two on that page.
Add Code to your blog:
- Open your favorite text editor
- Now decide where you want to add the Activity Hub Widget. For me, I have mine in the side bar.
- Once decided, open the appropriate files (For me, that will be header and sidebar, see image below). Make sure you open the files in the theme you currently have active.
- I’ve decided to add the JS script link to my themes header, so in header.php, look for the code: . This is the closing of the documents head area.
- Now, just place the line of code from Step 2 right before that:
- ok, save and close.
Add the widget div:
- I’ve decided to add the widget to my sidebar, so in sidebar.php, look for: